Here you can find the most Frequently Asked Question our front desk usually receives.
In Soléxico Spanish schools you can make friends from all around the world, our students come from:
American • Canadian • German • Swiss • Austrian • Brazilian • English • Italian • French • Dutch • Danish • Polish • Greek • Swedish • Australian • Norwegian • Japanese • Russian Among others.
2. What are the start dates for the courses?
Classes start every Monday year round, except if a holiday falls on a Monday, in which case the first day of classes will be held on Tuesday.
3. What is the minimum age to attend group classes?
4. Do you offer classes for children?
Yes, our Kids program (ages 7-15) runs every December and July, however children can take private Spanish lessons anytime throughout the year.
5. Do you have many older students?
Of course, we have students of all ages and professions from all over the world that comes for the spanish immersion programs
6. What is the school´s timetable?
9am to 10:20am Spanish immersion courses
10:20am to 10:30am Short break
10:30am to 11:40am Spanish imemrsion course
11:40am to 12:10pm lunch break
12:10pm to 1pm Conversation/Reading/lectures
1pm to 1:10pm break
1:10pm to 2pm Conversation/Reading/lectures
2:30pm to 5:20pm Individual lessons with 10 minutes breaks in between
7. Is it possible to take Individual classes only?
Yes, please ask us about our Individual Lesson Packages. These are usually scheduled in theafternoons from 2:30-5:30 p.m.
8. What happens if there is a holiday during my program?
Soléxico closes for 9 Official Holidays per year, on which days classes will not be held.We do not offer refunds for classes missed due to Official Holidays. Please note that therewill never be 2 holidays within the same week.
9. Besides courses and accommodations are there other expenses?
• Registration fee: USD 95
• Materials and transcript: USD 45
10. Do you issue a certificate?
You will receive an Academic Certificate at the end of your course.
11. Do the teachers speak any other language in class?
No, our classes are in Spanish only.
12. How many students are there per group?
We have groups of no more than 6 students; the average is 4 students per group
13. If I sign up for one of your schools and later on decide to switch to another Soléxico destination, would that be possible?
Yes, it is possible to visit our three schools paying one Registration Fee only; you will just have to pay the difference in prices for the accommodation if applicable.
14. If I would like to take 4 weeks of classes, can I schedule a 1 week break in between?
Yes, just let us know so that we can confirm your place in classes. If you have booked accommodations, we will try to place you with the same family if available, and if not we will organize your accommodations with another family.
15. If I book the Regular Program 15 and decide I would like to stay for the afternoon classes, is this possible?
Yes, just let us know so that we reserve your place in classes.
16. If I register for 2 weeks, can I extend my program?
Yes, many students decide to extend their stay once they are here.
17. How will you determine what class I should attend?
You will take a written placement exam followed by an oral interview with the Academic Coordinator to determine your level and what group you should be in.
18. I have some specific topics I would like during my program, what do you suggest?
You can book Individual lessons to review the specific topics and themes of interest. It ispossible to book your entire program with Individual Lessons, or a combination of Group and Individual Classes.
19. Is there Internet access at the school?
Yes, we have WIFI and computers for the students.
20. Do you organize any activities for the students?
Every week we offer Mexican cooking lessons, Salsa dancing classes, a movie in Spanish, Orientation for new students, and Café Social with students and staff. There is no extra cost for these activities.
21. What about excursions?
Soléxico organizes optional weekend excursions for students. We will also let you know where to book additional tours and activities.
22. What do I need to do to register?
Visit www.solexico.com and click on “BOOK NOW” to fill out and send the online Registration Form. The next step is to deposit the Registration Fee through the same secure website. This information will be sent straight to us and we will book your course and accommodations and send a confirmation letter with all the details of your program. You only need to deposit the 95.00 USD Registration Fee at the time of booking and the balanceis due on your first day of classes.
23. How can I pay the balance?
Cash (USD or Pesos)• Travelers Cheques• Visa/Mastercard
24. What options are available for accommodations?
• Homestay with Breakfast Only• Homestay with Halfboard (2 meals/ day).
Student Residence with Breakfast Only (Oaxaca and Playa del Carmen)Apartments (Puerto Vallarta )
25. How far away are the accommodations from the school?
Between 10-25 minutes walking
26. If I am travelling alone can I book a shared room?
No, you can only book a shared room when you are travelling with another person
27. Will I have access to the family´s kitchen?
No, the host families will prepare and serve delicious home cooked meals for you.
28. Is it safe to drink the water?
You cannot drink the tap water in México. The families will provide purified water for drinking and you can purchase extra bottles at the school snackbar. All of the beverages and food at the accommodations, school and restaurants are washed and cooked using purified water, so you do not need to worry. We do recommend you avoid buying food and drinks from street vendors as a precaution.
29. Can I stay with a family if I have allergies or dietary restrictions?
Of course, just specify at the time of booking so that we can let the family know in advance.
30. Where can I do my laundry?
There are many laundromats around where you can drop off your clothes and pick them up the next day cleaned, pressed and folded. The family will indicate the closest laundromat to the house and school.
31. I want to stay with a family but don´t want to disturb them if I go out in the evenings, is this an option for me?
The families know that you are in Mexico to learn Spanish, see the sites, and enjoy the culture and nightlife. You will be given a copy of the house key so can come and go as you please, we just ask you be respectful for the family´s house rules and let them know if you will miss a meal or be away for the night so that they know not to expect you.
32. Is it really safe to travel to México?
Despite the negative media coverage of problems in México, you should know that it is very safe to travel to Soléxico´s destinations in Playa del Carmen, Oaxaca and Puerto Vallarta. The problems you hear about in the news are occurring very far away from where our schools are located and have not affected us at all.
All three cities are very popular tourist destinations receiving visitors year round from all over the globe. You can feel comfortable walking around anytime and it is easy and safe to take taxis as well.
We always recommend you take the same precautions you would when visiting any foreign city, but know that you can relax and enjoy your stay in Mexico. You do not want to miss out on studying Spanish and learning about the Mexican culture in these beautiful destinations and we are sure you will have a wonderful experience in Mexico.